The Framed Collection is a sleek and modern take on an ordinary club chair. With its sophisticated and clean look, this collection will work great in any waiting area at your executive headquarters or even in the comfort of your living room. With its unique matte black metal frame that outlines the base and arms of the chair, your space will scream originality and comfort!
In today’s hybrid work environments, we are seeing some companies who choose to continue with all remote work and meetings. There are also companies that are having their employees return to the office full time and some who are just having people come into the office for team meetings. Face to face interaction is irreplaceable, and it’s always important for companies to keep the health and wellbeing of their employees in mind when hosting and in-person meeting.
That’s why we’ve put together these 5 tips for designing a safe in-person meeting space.
1. Take a ‘Sanitized’ Seat
Make sure meeting rooms are set up with seating that is easy to clean. This way, seats can easily be wiped down and sanitized between meetings and employees will feel comfortable walking into a meeting and claiming a seat safely. OfficeSource offers a wide variety of vinyl seating so you can easily wipe down and sanitize your chairs in between meetings.
2. Adjust For Headcount
Furniture that is easy to move is also a big plus so employees can distance themselves, according to CDC guidelines. Each meeting may have a different number of people in attendance, so filling your meeting space with easily movable furniture is a big plus for making people comfortable. The Julep Collection from OfficeSource features easy to move seating with antimicrobial fabric options that are also easy to clean. Win Win!
3. Keep Guests Charged
How many times have you been in a meeting and everyone tries to plug in their devices only to find there aren’t enough charging stations? Or, everyone has to huddle around the one charging station in the room? To avoid clustering and allow everyone to keep a safe distance, set up multiple charging stations throughout the space. OfficeSource offers a variety of Power Modules that can be easily incorporated into any space.
4. Stage Your Space
While it’s important to have a clean and sanitized meeting space, that doesn’t mean it has to feel sterile. Use accent tables and greenery to fill up the space and make it feel more inviting for your employees and guests. The OfficeSource Posey retro style tables will add a feeling of nostalgia to your office. Even better, they are durable and easy to clean. Pair them with some greenery to really liven up the space.
5. Easy Clean Up
Whether you have a dedicated meeting space or need to create an impromptu one in your office, you’ll want to have furniture that’s easy to clean up and store. The OfficeSource Blow Molded Folding Tables come in several sizes and shapes so you can find the best ones to fit your space. When the meeting is over, simply wipe them down, fold them and store them.
We hope you find these tips helpful. Your customers and employees will appreciate the thoughtfulness that you’ve put into your space and are sure to feel a sense of relief and comfort when they show up to your meetings. At COE, we pride ourselves on staying at the forefront of these changing times and helping others adapt to a new normal. If there’s ever anything you need or feedback you have, feel free to contact us any time.
School environments have evolved a lot over the past year and a half. As we see schools go back to traditional schedules this fall, it’s important to remember to take safety precautions to ensure everyone’s health and safety. Each school district is different in terms of what is required. Some are requiring students to wear masks, while others are not. Whatever situation you might be in, there are additional items you can have in your classroom to help students and teachers stay healthy and safe.
Here is a list of our top 5 products to help you welcome students back to your classroom.
1. Sanitizing Stations
A lot of germs can be passed around at school. Especially when you have a full classroom. Students are sharing everything from notes, textbooks, and pencils to name a few. Placing sanitizing stations in classrooms and around the school can help eliminate germs to keep both students and teachers healthy. Parents will also be thrilled if their children don’t bring home all of those germs on a daily basis! Be sure to check out the OfficeSource Automatic Freestanding Sanitizer Dispenser. It would make the perfect additions to your classroom.
2. Easy to Clean Furniture
Each classroom set up is different and while some students might stay in the same classroom all day, there are others that will rotate rooms multiple times throughout the day, sharing desks with many other students. Having furniture that is easy to clean is essential to help limit the spread of germs between classes. Even better, the OfficeSource Mario Collection features stackable desks and chairs that are easy to clean and mobile!
3. Acrylic Barriers
If your classroom does not have the space for proper social distancing, or you are set up to have students sitting at the same table, acrylic barriers can make a huge difference in preventing the spread of germs as well as give them more separation and privacy. OfficeSource acrylic screens are the perfect solution. They come in a variety of sizes in order to fit the needs of your space and furniture.
4. Portable Barriers
Just like everyone has had to adapt to the changing world around them, your classroom should be ready to adapt as well. Portable barriers are a great way to put a physical barrier between people. Whether you are trying to keep students separated from each other or put a barrier between a teacher and their students, portable barriers are a great way to do that. OfficeSource has a variety of SafeGuard Barriers, some with clear side panels and others with solid, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
5. Cubby Storage
Another way to limit the spread of germs is to assign each student a cubby for storage. Having less at their desk that they can pass around and share will help limit how many people are touching their things. The OfficeSource Cubby Cabinet is stackable up to three high, so you can build a storage system that works best for your space and help keep personal items clean and safe.
Our Office Source furniture line offers many products that can help you get your classroom ready for school this year. Even better, most things are mobile, which means as this world continues to change and navigate this pandemic, your classroom will be able to adapt with it.
If you have any questions about our products or how they can help you, please reach out and contact us. We also love to hear your feedback!
Eric Kennedy, a PA Warehouse team member became our first second time COE Warrior, receiving the helmet because of his dedication to the company and the core values. Keep up the good work and continue being an example of what COE is all about! To read what receiving this honor means to Eric, please continue below.
1. What does winning the warrior helmet mean to you?It means a lot when someone you don’t think recognizes what you are doing does and rewards you for it.
2. What did you or what do you look for when it comes to choosing the next recipient?I looked at everyone around me to see who is putting in the most effort and just went by that.
3. How has COE helped you to get where you are?Mostly that this company shows me how good it feels to know you gave everything you have and the way you feel after a job well done.
4. What goals do you want to achieve and how can COE help get you there? Personal and operational growth.I am going to try to take the hard work ethic I acquired here and apply it to now raising three girls!
5. What is your favorite part of our employee engagement programs at COE and why?Having a chance to be recognized.
6. What are you most excited for when it comes to our Penguin partnership?Tickets and being able to hang out at the games with my work family and real family!
7. What COE value do you think you’re the strongest in and why?Quality and Customer Service – I like doing the best I can to make everyone happy.
8. Share some fun facts about yourself!I am left-handed and I am getting so old that hair is growing out of my ears, haha!
We’ve all heard the phrase, “Sitting is the new smoking.” Is there actually any truth to this statement? Turns out there is! According to The Heart Foundation, a study documented 800,000 people and their sitting habits. The study found that people who sit the most, compared to people who sit the least, have a greater risk of disease and death. Now that’s heavy. With more and more people working from home since the pandemic, our sit time has only increased over the last year. So what’s the solution to warding off any negative side effects from sitting too long, you may ask? Here are a few tips to improve your health during the work day:
1. Remember to Stretch: Make easing aches and pains part of your work to-do list. Try an easy neck roll or standing side bend to get the blood flowing. Bonus points if you can practice a few yoga poses like cat and cow or downward dog.
2. Take a Break: Every 30 – 45 minutes, take a moment for yourself. Get up from your desk and go on a short walk. Not only will your body thank you for the relief, your mind will too. That’s a double win!
3. Posture is Key: Slouching tends to come naturally, especially since we all spend time looking down at our phones or at our screens at work. Try and elevate your computer screen to eye-level to keep your neck aligned with your spine. Keep your chest out and shoulders back while seated to maintain great posture.
4. Keep Essentials within Arm’s Reach: Your mouse and keyboard should always be closest to you during the work day. Don’t risk straining your back or wrists trying to reach further than your level of flexibility.
5. Consider A Standing Desk: OfficeSource can provide some sitting relief during your work day. The Standing Desk Collection is the perfect solution to get you on your feet! Avoid the harmful long-term effects of too much time sitting with OfficeSource’s Height Adjustable Tables. They are easy, quick and quiet to operate, and offer the optimal vertical range to accommodate people of all sizes.
The use of stand-up desks has been proven to boost the health of the workers who would otherwise be sedentary all through their work day. This standing desk collection includes all the essential pieces that come together to create an office space suitable for up to 8 workers. This collection includes storage and privacy solutions to ensure the comfort and productivity of each person. It’s a great choice to include in your professional office setting, and will also work well in an educational or medical setting.
Create a comfortable office that offers all the ergonomic and overall health benefits, while offering you the full functionality that you are looking for. This office furniture collection offers the benefits that come from periodic standing while hard at work, while also offering great practical storage and organizational space. This office furniture is offered in some great finish options, to include cherry, mahogany, walnut, espresso, white, maple, and more. The hutch gives you two great storage cabinets for neatly storing away items, while also offering you a shelf space for additional organization and display space where you need it the most. The hardware adds just the right contemporary touch you need.
The Wobble Board Collection is perfect for any executive who stands for most of the day. Pair it with a stand-up desk for the ultimate office setup. This collection will help your balance and posture, while also keeping you active throughout the day. Give your feet the comfort they deserve and shop the Wobble Board Collection today.